badge

Let's make our morning better, Brekkie at Spice Haat, Hyatt Regency Chennai

What: Breakfast Buffet at Spice Haat
Where: Hyatt Regency, Anna Salai, Chennai
Timings: 6.30 AM - 10.30 AM (All days in a week)

My favourite meal of the day! Though my ancestral sloth genes doesn't let me wake early, if someone serves me some delicious breakfast you can see me happy all day. The day just gets better with some brekkie.

So it was a special day and I planned to hit Spice Haat to try their Breakfast Buffet which was in my wish list for a while. And the breakfast spread didn't disappoint me, starting from cornflakes, fresh juices, eggs to order to South Indian and Chinese they got it covered. After my tour across the buffet counter I initiated my plate decoration with food.


Flakes, flakes, flakes! they have cornflakes, museli, choco flakes, etc. with  milk (three types), nuts, fresh fruits, sprouts and salads. Just figure out your preference and fill your bowl, head to your table to relax and munch some flakes. And also grab some fresh juice from the counter, with carrot, watermelon, muskmelon and grape juice as the option I went for watermelon.



While I was munching, I made sure to order my eggs. Boiled or scrambled, eggs Benedict or omelette, you get your choice done hot-hot. The mushroom omelette and cheese scrambled egg was perfecto with croissant and multigrain bread. Not so crispy but I did like the hash brown. Grab some bacon and sausages if you like but I was happy with hash brown, grilled tomatoes and boiled potatoes. And if you hate eggs then you have variety of breads and jam so to settle with a simple bread butter jam.



With a South Indian breakfast lover by my side, the counter that made more sense was idly-dosa-pongal. After my American visit, I rushed back to my hometown to grab some ghee Pongal, Bonda, Kichadi, Aval Upma, Idly and Dosa. That was some really heavy ghee floating with the pongal, not the best but it tasted alright. Too much of anything just kills the taste and here it was ghee.

Kichadi was my favourite, loved the consistency and the taste. The crispy bonda made perfect pair for the pongal. Though aval upma tasted alright, the idly and podi idly soaked with sambar and chutney was blissful. The tomato-onion chutney was better than coconut chutney and the sambar was yummy.


A complete letdown in the buffet was Aloo Paratha, the paratha was too dry (I get it was resting in the counter for a while but it's ideal to make fresh batches to order) and I was struggling to tear them into pieces. The chenna masala was good but without paratha I didn't find the need for it.

Hot and crispy dosas made to order, perfect that was. I ordered for plain dosa, masala dosa and onion uttappam; no complaints in taste. Pair the dosa with some filter coffee, your day will be wonderful. So yeah, you can order your favourite tea, chai or coffee to go along with your brekkie.

Plain Dosa
Masala Dosa
Onion Uttappam
There is an exclusive counter with some Chinese delicacies, like egg rice, noodles, meat, etc. One counter I felt so alien considering my palate, did try the rice and noodles but I will never prefer them for breakfast.

Some Chinese!
Finally, some muffins, waffles and pancakes before signing off. The flavour of egg was so dominant that made me hate my waffles, not sure if they do eggless ones but do ask for eggless waffles if you can't stand the eggs flavour. Made fresh and hot to order; with maple syrup, fresh cream and fruits and sip of coffee, that's the most ideal way to end you breakfast and start your day.


That unlimited buffet spread cost Rs.675 INR (plus tax; with tax Rs.850 INR) for a person.

Chai

Breaking Down Points
Location & Parking: A positive!  
Ambience: Vibrant and huge buffet and dining space.
Food Variety: The breakfast spread is sumptuous and perfect to start your day.
Taste: Comfort food, loved the spread and taste but there were a few dishes that didn't impress me in taste.
Quality & Quantity: The buffet setup, food quality and unlimited quantity is a boon.
Service: Very attentive and prompt.
Price: Costly. Breakfast for two would cost Rs.1704 INR (including taxes). The spread and elegant dining justifies the cost.

So my Verdict!
Breakfast Buffet at Spice Haat, to energise your mornings and load some charge to run through the day. The spread is lavish with different breakfast choices. For all the breakfast lovers!


P.S. Remember, no two person's palate can be same.  


Spice Haat - Hyatt Regency Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Let's make our morning better, Brekkie at Spice Haat, Hyatt Regency Chennai Let's make our morning better, Brekkie at Spice Haat, Hyatt Regency Chennai Reviewed by Divya Srinivasan on 17:04 Rating: 5

No comments:

© Creatikaa. Powered by Blogger.